This position has already been successfully completed (please do not apply).
Global Technology Director (m/f/d)
The company is one of the world's leading system suppliers of carton
and filling machines for beverages and food.
The company supplies complete systems including both the
and the corresponding filling machines.
The company provides general management services
tothe group companies.
In 2012 they achieved a turnover of 1,620 million Euro
with more than
4,950 employees in more than 40 countries.
Reason for the vacancy
Objectives of the job
- The GT Director is responsible for all research,
and serial construction activities at currently 4 locations worldwide.
- The primary responsibility is to provide leadership within
the GT function.
- He/she has to ensure that the worldwide R&D and
activities and projects are aligned with the
- The job holder has the responsibility about the complete
innovation pipeline -
meaning milestone achievements,
development cost and time to market.
- Managing an annual budget of ca. € 46 Mio. In the
Head of Technology Management Team (TMT), he/she steers all Basic
& Platform Development
activities, all Innovation & Application Development
all System Maintenance activities and all Cost Optimization activities
R&D resources within the
Especially in role of Head TMT:
- Integrate, optimize and develop the TMT
- Ensure that technological developments are anticipated
identified, understood and adopted
- Take ultimate responsibility for all internal research
- Ensure that research projects undertaken on
behalf of third parties are identified,
funded and carried out to the satisfaction of the principals
- Ensure that the organization is provided with a high
quality intellectual property service
- Oversee the inception, production and publication of
technical papers etc.
to support our clients’ positioning as
- Steering applications for public funding of research
- Broaden and maintain contacts into the academic scientific
(including universities, institutes etc.)
Position within the company
- Reporting to the Chief Markets and Technology Officer
- The GT Director has 8 employees reporting
directly to him/her and is responsible
for a team of approx.
200 employees worldwide including a major R&D hub
(approx. 150 employees) based near
- Additionally he/she is heading up the Technology Management
Team (TMT) which is a crossfunctionally staffed steering and decision
platform for all R&D,
System Maintenance and Cost Optimization projects.
additional employees are reporting functionally to the GT Director.
- Given, one of the 8 persons reporting directly to him/her
- University degree in engineering supplemented by advanced
and further educational qualifications.
- The required candidate will be a commercially aware,
technically knowledgeable, people centric manager working within a
or advanced engineering function within the
broader industrial environment.
- A special knowledge in material processing industries would
be an additional asset.
Special / personal skills
- In particular the ideal candidate should bring
the following to the position:
- The ideal candidate will have been
“fast-tracked” to a position of authority
- He/she will have a track record of driving significant
technology innovation and design, including involvement with
and resulting in
significant “public stage” appearance
- He/she must be able to directly manage an advanced
technology team as well as
influencing and motivating teams via
- Dynamic, energetic, enthusiastic, motivated
- Commercially aware: understands the cost
structure of customer’s industry
and is able to
react to challenges presented by competitive and alternative products
with an ability to
create a leading edge feature in the products developed.
- Ability to build relationships with third parties -
customers, research bodies,
- Strong leadership skills, able to command
respect, communicate vision,
control, delegate and
- Internationally minded and aware
- Open-minded, creative and imaginative.
Prepared to think
outside the box and challenge the status quo
- Persistent, patient and committed. Able to drive a project
through to its conclusion
- German business fluent
- Englisch business fluent