Chief Sales Officer (m/f/d)
The company is a leading provider of Maintenance & Repair software solutions to ports, depots, shipping lines, leasing companies, train operators, freight forwarders and surveyors.
Companies in this space require smart digital solutions for streamlining their processes and IT landscape to meet modern industry requirements. At our core, the company is a SaaS company, and our systems are purpose built to help companies in the intermodal/maritime industry to automate/digitize processes and tasks.
The company's secure cloud-based application helps organizations maximize revenue and minimize costs by saving up to 60 % of the labor, increasing efficiency of client and vendor relations, and mitigating process and workflow risk. Time-consuming manual processes, costly human error, and frustrating spreadsheet calculations are replaced with the company's comprehensive yet modular software solution.
With the company´s solution, customers can access critical data in seconds, manage asset/container lifecycles from start-to-finish, and ensure full compliance is maintained across all segments of their operation.
The position holder will be part of the management board. The founders have been covering sales over the last couple of years. They require a dedicated, hands-on Chief Sales Officer.
The role will give you the responsibility of running the sales & marketing function and strategy of the company, with the majority of the focus on 'new business', driving growth via your sales knowledge, your network and building a sales team.
Furthermore, the main tasks and priorities are:
- Manage the sales cycle: identify, prospect and qualify opportunities; present the company´s solutions and capabilities with a customized presentation and product demo; overcome objections; prepare pricing proposals; close new business; own and nurture client relationships.
- Be willing to grow your influence and consistently meet/exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual quotas to help the company and yourself.
- Proactively prioritize and manage your sales pipeline in a CRM system, including maintaining accurate details of sales activities, opportunity development, forecasting and closing sales.
- Submit accurate sales cycle reports; analyze sales data (wins, losses, pipeline by product, prospect size, etc.); identify opportunities, concerns, and trends; recommend and implement actions to increase success.
- Partner with the Customer Onboarding/Success team to identify customer requirements, resolve problems and support all client delivery, renewal and contract expansion efforts.
- Leverage search tools, Linkedln, and other sources to research prospects, their activity in the industry, process, budget, and decision-makers.
- Collect and communicate market intelligence on products/services, incorporate it into sales planning process, and share with the Onboarding/Customer Success and Product Development teams as appropriate.
- Participate in the product development process; share external prospect/customer insights and define priorities and future functionality requirements for our product roadmap.
- Be a part of annual trade shows and industry panels.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience.
Minimum of 5+ years of sales experience (inside or direct) selling technology and/or service-based solutions.
Special Experience / Knowledge:
- A clear and demonstrable track record of penetrating new midmarket/enterprise accounts in the intermodal/maritime (technology) industry while driving SaaS subscription revenue within those accounts consistently exceeding performance objectives and sales quotas.
- Experience selling a product with an average sales price (ASP) of EUR 25,000-250,000 in annual recurring revenue (ARR).
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite as well as with a CRM technology, and the ability to learn new software.
- Understand the software solution technically and at least be able to communicate some of the technical aspects at a high level.
Fluent in English – second language preferable
We are looking for a convincing personality, who should have especially the following personal skills:
- Entrepreneurial and determined attitude with massive drive to meet targets, and the confidence to work independently without daily oversight
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, perform well under pressure, meet deadlines, and work a flexible schedule.
- Customer centric with the ability to quickly understand customer success stories and communicate them as proof points to new prospects and targets; understand the business challenges that our customers face and explain how our solution will solve their specific challenges.
- Strong professional consultative skills using a consultative solution/value-based approach to identify business pain points, provide insights/solutions with executive presence and clarity using data-driven narratives to overcome objections, establish commitments, and close.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communicator with ability to interact at all levels of customer organization.
- Ability to quickly learn new products, interfaces, and processes.
- Desire to change an industry that has never desired change.
- Desire to be a part of working from a small team to a major organization
The annual competitive salary and commission structure consists of a compensation mix of 60% base and 40% commission fee.
The place of work is in Northern Europe with remote first organization and a flexible work schedule.
Bei Rückfragen zu dieser Position steht Ihnen Blanka Schygulla unter +49 211-749 686-23 gerne jederzeit zur Verfügung.
Wir freuen uns auf Ihre Bewerbung!
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Blanka Schygulla under +49 211-749 686-23.
We look forward to receiving your application!