Technical Sales Specialist – LED and Signal Systems (m/f/d)
Our client is the European head quarter of a Japanese manufacturing company in the electronic industry. Alongside LEDs, the company also manufactures different signal and alarm systems with clients in a wide variety of industries ranging from machining to the automotive industry.
Currently the company is looking for a motivated and proactive individual with technical expertise to join their Team in the vicinity of Düsseldorf. Alongside the technical customer support of the European customers, this role is responsible for assisting the sales manager in acquiring new customers and generating new projects.
The position’s main focus is acting as an important (technical) communication interface between the company, the international clients and the production in Japan.
Your tasks include:
- Technical support and customer service via email and telephone for customers across Europe and the Arab Emirates (distributors, direct B2B and new customers)
- Order processing – confirming incoming customer orders, preparing offers, providing regular updates (delivery date etc.) and following-up
- Organising the orders from the production sites in Japan, keeping track of stock availability and planning orders ahead to ensure on-time delivery
- Assisting the sales team with the strategic acquisitions of new customers e.g. market research, following up on new contacts met at trade fairs etc.
- Close cooperation with the sales and back office teams as well as other internal departments
- Helping out in other departments as and when needed as a member of the team!
- University degree or completed vocational training with a technical background, preferably in electrical engineering or with a similar technical focus
- The company is open to hiring young professionals with the necessary technical understanding (electrical components or similar) and a can-do mindset!
- Business Level English and German skills, other languages e.g. Japanese are a plus
- Excellent intercultural communication skills with the ability to work individually as well as in a team
- Pro-active personality, with an ability to independently solve problems and prioritize properly
- A good command of MS Office, knowledge of working with an ERP system advantageous
- Opportunity to work within an international international team with flat hierarchies and an open team spirit
- Freedom to develop personally and professionally as well as to bring in your own ideas – the company is interested in seeing its staff grow as individuals within the company by bringing a proactive mindset and setting out to solve problems individually
- The usual free coffee, tea and fruit basket :)
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Esther Auffermann under +49 (0)211 749686-36.
We look forward to receiving your application!