Laboratory Manager - Precious Metal Recycling Business (m/f/d)
Our client is the European Subsidiary of a Japanese company, whose businesses ranges from the production of metal and high value-added products to waste treatment and recycling. For their newly established location in Madrid, they are now looking for a motivated laboratory Manager, who will manage the laboratory functions – tightly together with the Laboratory Technican, who is also starting as new employee.
(Together with the Laboratory Technican)
In this position you will oversee the testing of materials and assesses needs and direct the purchase of laboratory equipment to ensure effective laboratory operations. Develop procedures for analyzing data and conduct experiments to eliminate operating problems and improve the product quality.
Further tasks are as follows:
- Review of laboratory procedures and policies to investigate laboratory problems and ensure the best efficiency
- Overseeing the sample dispatches
- Setting performance goals and writing performance reviews and evaluations as well as counseling the performance of employees in the plant
- Uphold “Safety First” rule and hold routine safety meetings to maintain a safe working environment
- Acting as liaison between the plant and the representatives of the Japanese parent company
- Completed university degree and/or practical experience in: analyzing, evaluating something on the basis of numbers coming up as the result of e.g. tests, experiments, quality controls etc. by using analytical instruments - Knowledge of the use of analytical instruments in general is required
- Experience in similar tasks in a plant of a manufacturing company very advantageous, but not mandatory
- Experience in X-Ray analysis very welcome, but not mandatory – also experiences such as a X-Ray technician in hospitals counts as well.
- Experience in dealing with the plant facility is welcome
- Excellent knowledge of Spanish and expandable English skills
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural competence
- Ability to multi-task and productive and flexible way of working
- Very good incorporation with a 2 weeks stay at the plant in the Czech Republic
- Place of work: Madrid, Spain
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Katrin Oltmanns under +49 211-749 686-31.
We look forward to receiving your application!